Yes...this is our blog.....I guess....Cool huh? I guess there should be pictures and some such stuff on here. Well, I'll get to that I'm sure. I'm just glad that I was competent enough to set it up. Just so people know, we setup this blog as a method of family history. We are terrible at this kind of thing, but think that it is important. So we are doing this. We also are going against the grain and moving away from facebook. No offence to those that still like it and use it. We just didn't think that it would fit our needs and our family. So add a comment on these pages, or drop us a line! We do still want to hear from our friends. Ok, now that that is out of the way we can start.
Let me explain our life to this point. Wait... there is too much. I'll sum it up. Erin met Mike working at First American. We worked there together, but didn't want to admit liking each other. Erin decided that she would go on a cruise and Mike missed her. Well, Erin admits to missing Mike too. So Mike finally got up the nerve to ask her out. We were married on 1/28/05 at the Salt Lake Temple. Three months Later Erin found out that she was pregnant. Emma Marie was born on 1/16/06. Matthew was born almost two years later on 2/21/08.
Mike took this time to start going back to school. He graduated in the summer of 07 with his Associate degree. He is currently working towards his Chemical Engineering degree. Mike works for an IT technology research firm named Burton Group. He does client services for them.
Erin has found her passion and love in sewing. She loves making dresses and clothes for Emma, and will try her hand at making a suit for Mike. We look forward to having her take online courses from a trade college in Pennsylvania.
Emma is as cute as it gets. She is talking a lot, but her words are not fully recognizable. She loves her soy milk. She isn't lactose intolerant, she just prefers soy. Strange little girl. She remembers things very well and loves to do the things that we as parents do. She saw Mike using his electric razor on day and the next week she decided that she would try it. With the cover on the razor she put it to her face and started making razor sounds. She loves Curious George, her pink hat, and her messy room. We clean the room every day, but she feels the need to trash it before she can sleep.
Matthew has started to smile and coo at us making all the late night feedings well worth it. His hobbies are sleeping and eating at moments when Erin is in the middle of something that is hard to put down. He was born with a ton of blond hair that sticks up on top like a natural mohawk. We think it's cute. His feet come from the Johnson side of the family. They already do not fit in most of his clothes. He comes from big footed stock. His great grandfather was size 15 and his uncles are all size 13. He holds his head up better then I do. He is a very lovable little kid.
We will try to post when ever we think about it. Please feel free to leave a comment. Please also let us know if you would like Erin's famous pancake recipe. It's GREAT!
On Schedule by Summer Dowell
4 years ago

2 comments:
What are you talking about? I'm Mathew's Uncle, and I don't have size 13...I'm 14 and I almost have size 10 shoes! So, I'm getting there! Well, I like your blog, it was worth taking my Internet time to read. =D See ya around!
~Ian~
If you had used your hooked on phonics, it wouldn't have taken you so long to read it.
Post a Comment