Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My memory lane is under construction can I use yours?

Here I am again. Writing again!! I wanted to know what it is about brisk fall nights that causes one to reminisce about their past. Erin and I were walking around outside and our thoughts were forced into memory lane mode. It was weird.

The trees in Midway have started to turn colors. I saw my first one today! It won't be long before we are pelted with tourists looking at the colors. This usually isn't a problem except it lowers the speed on the roads by 20 MPH. You can always look in their car and see them talking as you are patiently driving slow behind them.
"Ohhh look at the pretty colors Gertrude!"
"They are simply remarkable Ferdinand!"
"Have you ever seen such a shade of orange."
"Do you hear that honking from behind us?"
"Yes I do, it is coming from that nice looking blond fellow. He looks like he is really wanting us to see the colors also!"
About this time I ram them off the road. Well, I'm not that bad. I am more patient then that. REALLY!

We learned a lot about buying things this past month. We bought a no name digital camera for cheep! I think that anyone knows that this is a big no no. Need less to say that all the pictures were dark unless the flash was on. Then the flash would bleed out the entire picture so you could only see white. So, we did the only sensible thing and sold it on ebay. We lost $20 on the deal. We ended up doing more research and found a sony that was the right price and had the option that we wanted. We also spent a long time looking at reviews. Yep, I'm an idiot. Just don't let it get around.

Fall semester keeps getting harder. I don't know what I was thinking. I have a stats class that I thought was going to be a breeze. The teach just stepped up the pace and I'm lost. He was writing equations on the board that I have no idea how to work. I have been through calculus and I still have no idea what he is talking about. Well, I hope to soon. Next week starts my tests.

Matthew is mobile! He can crawl, sit, and pay for his own bus fare! We only see him about 1/2 the time anymore. He is always going somewhere. He smiles a lot! You only have to look at him to make him smile. It is awesome.

Emma is doing well. Her speech is improving. She has also developed a twisted sarcastic sense of humor. I blame that on Erin. We got ice cream cones yesterday and Emma grabbed hers and said "CAKE!" We corrected her and said it was ice cream. She got a weird smile on her face and said "CAKE!" again and started laughing. She was doing it on purpose. Apparently she did that to Erin the other day as well. Erin was going over her colors with Emma using flash cards. Erin held up a pink and Emma looked right and left and started to smile. She yelled "Purple" and Erin corrected her and said it was pink. Emma yelled "Purple" again and started laughing. It was after 3 times that Erin found out the Emma was playing with her. Too cute.

I hope that I told these stories bad enough for Erin to write something. Her stories are better anyway. Have a good day!

No comments: