Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A new post

Now that finals are over, and my brain has relaxed a little, it is time to post. A lot has been happening in our little corner of the world in the past month. The biggest thing is that Erin's brother Nathan returned home from the Korea Seoul West mission on the 3rd. We spent a lot of time cleaning and fixing the house up for him. He looked just as I remembered feeling when I got off the plane from Japan. Tired, but happy.

I feel really bad for Nathan. It is hard switching from a very organized lifestyle to chaos. On a mission you do missionary work. Your choices are: meet people on street, knock on doors, hand out fliers, talk to members, do some service, make some calls, visit less active members, or do nothing at all. There are other things to do, but this is the most common list. The nice thing about this is the MTC and the mission provide you with this list of things to do. You do parts of this list or the whole list everyday. If you ask a missionary what he will be doing next week, or even a month from now, then the answer will probably be something on that list.

The stupid thing is when you come home, there is no one to provide you with a list of things to do. You are now on your own. You know the basic goals, get a job, get a wife, get to school, and those such things. The issue is that no one tells you how to do it. You don't know where to get a job or where to go to school. Girls are a matter that are completely confusing!

So in short......poor Nathan. Now, moving on.

My finals went decently I suppose. I didn't get excellent grades on them, but I did my best. To bad there isn't a box on your report card that says "Did his best!" with a big check mark in it. Although with the direction that public schools are taking, it might not be long before all of our grades are replaced with these check boxes.

Emma's speech is really clearing up. She has been going to preschool since she turned three. The teachers are focusing on it specifically. It is nice to have the extra help and we can see the improvement. She gave me a lecture on how falling off the couch will break your head. I'm not sure where she heard that, but I'm on the look out. She also has figured out how to play the wii. Poor soul. She spends time on the Mii channel clicking on people. She has the glazed gamer look down. We are going to get her a bag of Doritos to complete the picture.

Erin has decided that her life isn't hectic enough. She is heading back to school to become a tharapist. I say, good for her! She starts this summer at UVU. She has spent a lot of time going over math concepts so she can take the placement test and do well. Nathan has been going through the practices with her. I hold the honor of having the most math training in the house, so I get to tutor them. I think it's fun! Erin is really excited about having another purpose in life.

Spring semester starts..well...today for us at BYU. I had a total of 4 days off from school. I don't think that I am ready to go back yet. I am only taking Linear Algebra. They say that our Junior year is the hardest at BYU. so..yeah, I'm scared. We will see what happens.

That is all you get for now. Maybe you might get a picture later if we take one. We have a Zoo visit on Thursday, so I might get some there. BYE

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Do they really tell you to "get a wife?" if so... that would explain sooo many things.

Heather said...

Good luck in going back to school Erin! I'm having enough trouble getting through it without having kids to keep me busy.

CiNdEL said...

I'm glad erin's going back to school! i started school in january. the first couple months are hard to get used to the new schedule but is great doing something different and having a new purpose in life!