The last two weeks of my pregnancy we enrolled the kids in swim lessons at an aquatic center in Gainesville. Coincidentally Mike was in Finland for the whole thing, so my friend Mindy who came to stay while Mike was gone, helped me juggle the kids since I was supposed to be in the water with Matthew. In all actuality I only ended up going to one of Matthew's lessons because holding him put so much pressure on my belly that I didn't dare keep doing it. He was somewhat disappointed, but it worked out and he will be getting another chance this summer to finish his lessons.
When we first moved to Georgia, I took the kids to the pool at our apartment complex, and Matthew fell head first into the pool. I fished him out, but he was pretty upset and wouldn't go near the water. The lesson was hard for him and I really had to talk him into going in the water, but he tried even though he was scared, and by the end of the lesson he was having a great time. He is much more willing to go in the water now, so even one lesson was a success in my opinion.
Emma's lessons went very well, and she made a lot of progress. She can float, kick her legs, put her face in the water and blow bubbles, all very good beginning progress. She loved being in the water and can't wait to learn more. She was really nervous the first couple of times we went, but she got more and more excited every time we went and ended up having a great time. Every time she succeeded in doing what the instructor asked she would find me from wherever I was watching and wave so I could give her a thumbs up and way to go. All in all the lessons were a huge success.

No comments:
Post a Comment