After a long and wonderful weekend, we are once again at Monday. It seems to be the day that haunts my week, maybe I'm cursed for reading Garfield as a kid. I suppose I've developed his bad Monday attitude! Oh well, there are probably worse things. ;) Luckily I woke up in a fantastic mood, and it has been a productive day thus far. I have done two loads of laundry, cleaned the family room, tied down Emma and worked the knots out of her hair, and sprayed and combed and styled until it finally resembled hair again.
THEN- in addition to my usual efforts- this morning I was checking email, trying to wake up, when I noticed Emma dotting the wall with a dry erase marker. Hmmm I thought, how do I clean that off? I looked it up on the internet, which told me to use rubbing alcohol. Turned out to be a good solution, but that was before I knew I would be cleaning marker off walls for half an hour! On my way to get the rubbing alcohol, I looked into the kitchen and - oh horrors! - there was dry erase marker on every low cupboard, and all the surrounding walls. Not to mention on the table and floor. Why did I check my email? Why, why, why??? So I took a deep breath, and started to clean. What I forgot to do was make sure Emma was within my eyesight, and near the end of my cleaning adventure, she disappeared. When I finished, and realized she was gone, a feeling of dread overtook me- it was just too quiet! Sure enough, as I came into the hall, there were Matthew and Emma, swimming in a sea of cheerios. The box had been turned upside-down, and they were joyously rolling and laughing and munching to their hearts content. Matthew had cheerios dotting his sleeper in numerous places, and Emma even had a few stuck in her hair! Oh woe is me, I thought as I ran for the vacuum. After I had it cleaned up, I wished I had some forethought to grab the camera, it would have made a hilarious picture. Even when, no I guess especially when they are making messes, they are just so cute. I can't help loving everything they do!
On Schedule by Summer Dowell
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment