For those who have never visited Thanksgiving point for this purpose, I really recommend it. The farm was like a zoo for farm animals. It didn't really feel like a zoo because all the animals were very well taken care of. You can tell because they all ran up to the fence looking for hand outs and were very friendly. They would even run up to to the kids. It gave Matthew a laugh every time he got to touch a goat nose.
There were a bunch of little baby animals also. This made Erin happy. The thing that made me happy was that it only cost 3.50 a person and it included a pony ride!
The pony ride was awesome. Emma was scared and had to have Erin hold onto her the entire time. Matthew took to the saddle like a duck to water. It was interesting to watch him. He slid right in, grabbed the saddle horn with one hand and petted the pony's mane with the other. Then sat back and waited. He was almost in tune with the pony with he started move. Bobbing up and down at the right moments. He looked really natural!
We went during the farmers market on Friday. Erin wanted to make sure that she was able to get some cucumbers for pickling. Not only did she find them at a great deal, we got peaches and blackberries. It feels good to help the local growers. The produce tasted great!

1 comment:
Oh no, what was I thinking! We were in Utah last week and I forgot to call you guys! It didn't sink in until I saw you went to Thanksgiving Point. I can't believe it. Well, it would have been tricky since we didn't have a car and I know you guys were busy taking tests, but I'm pretty mad at myself for forgetting. :( Wish we could have seen you guys!
Post a Comment