Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Finals week FINALLY!!

Finals couldn't have come any sooner. Good GRIEF I thought this semester would never end. I have my test tomorrow, then I'm not expected to show my face around campus for 2 weeks. No, I will not just go there for fun so don't even ask.

It appears that I need to be playing a little bit of catch up. A lot has happened since July 4th. Most of the happening were with Emma and Erin.

Emma now uses the potty for number 1 AND 2. The 2 took some persuasion. She was really scared of it for a long time. She usually finds her pull-ups and puts them on when she needs to go number 2. So one day she asked me for one. I was about to give in when I said, "I don't think I will give you a pull-up. Lets go to the potty!" So we did. I sat here down, and she cried and cried. Then I remembered that we had some chocolate near by. So I gave her a piece. She calmed down a little and asked for another. I said that she would have to try to use the potty before I would give her more. So, she did! After about 4 pieces of chocolate, she overcame her resistance and used the potty! This solidifies the fact that if you want a woman to do something for you, it's best to give her loads of chocolate first.

Emma is now holding conversations also. We were really worried about her speech lately. She isn't too clear. It seems like the very next day, she opened up and started talking and asking for things and being clear enough for others to understand her. We are very excited for her.

Erin has been taking classes at UVU this summer. She has had 3 classes so far. The stupid part is that she has scored A's for all of them. JERK. She still has one final to take on Thursday. It's not looking like a problem for her though. She has started running again at night and is loving it. I'm not, because it is a huge safety issue. She can't seem to find anyone to go with though. So if you are in Midway, please run with her so I don't worry.

Matthew is growing again. His word list entails: Binkie, Down, Mommy, Daddy, Emma, Balloon, and versions of Grandma and Grandpa. He is very confident in what he can do. The cool thing is that when he gets hurt, he doesn't shy away from the thing that hurt him. He jumps right back into it.

We had a family get together on Sunday. My brother David and his Wife have a little one name Hyrum that is a couple months younger then Matthew. Hyrum has just decided to be one of the cousins and is now running around with them. Emma runs around with Jessica's daughter, and Matthew runs around with Hyrum. It reminds me of when I was little.

That is as far as I will type today. I have a final to study for and those derivatives will not integrate on their own! Good night!

No comments: