I figured it's been a long time since I bothered to write anything, so I'll give Mike a break and do a post. I usually have so much to say that people start tuning me out after a minute or so, but school is stealing all my excess blab, so I forget to talk sometimes. It makes for strange social situations. :D
Provo has been nice actually, but I miss Midway. That is strange because I didn't miss it the first time I moved out. Moving out the 2nd time (that is so weird) I have actually missed my hometown, and feel homesick. I am adjusting though, and I have to admit it has been awesome to have my own kitchen again!
When we started unpacking, we found all our stuff that we hadn't seen in a year and a half. Mike pulled out his basting brush, patted it lovingly and said, "I've missed you...". It was funny, but exactly how we felt after pulling out our own dishes and cooking utinsels.
The kids are doing a lot better than the first week we moved. They are now having an argument at the table, (Emma nods)"Uh huh!", (Matthew shakes his head)"Mm mmm!", and on and on it goes. Giggle, scream, repeat. I'm glad to see them happy.
School is going a lot smoother than either Mike or I expected. We're both keeping up. Mike has a great study group who is helping him learn everything he needs to know, and he can come home for food and to see the kids whenever he gets time. It's been nice. Nathan has been coming over a lot too and that has been awesome.
Emma takes the bus to school now. I guess all the kids at her school do, even if they live really close like we do. When she found out I was picking her up, she threw a monumental tantrum and bit my arm. I had a bruise for a week! That was probably the worst moment of moving adjustment we've had. I told her she had to earn a sticker every day for no tantruming. She did it for a week, so I signed the bus papers. It's been really nice, I don't have to worry about waking Matthew up to go get her from school.
Matthew got burned as well, which was our second meltdown. He wanted the mac and cheese I was cooking before I was ready to give it to him, and when I turned to dump in the cheese packet, he pulled bowl down. It was so so sad. It wasn't a bad burn, however. He was lucky and it has healed nicely.
More about our crazy life later. Hopefully the adjustment period will pass and life will go on.
On Schedule by Summer Dowell
4 years ago

1 comment:
thanks for the update! having your own house is so nice. congrats! and good luck with school.
Post a Comment