I was spoiled rotten for Mother's Day this year! I received a beautiful bouquet of tulips from my parents, which was really fun. I don't get flowers delivered very often, so this was a treat! I really believe I have the most thoughtful and caring parents on the planet.
Saturday was the day we celebrated Mother's Day, because Sunday was filled up with church meetings and a couple of random missionaries who decided to Skype their moms and eat dinner at our house. So Saturday morning I was treated to cream cheese and strawberry stuffed waffles, with whipped cream and syrup on top. Emma and Mike brought them up to me and said Happy Mother's Day!.. and all of that. The waffles were absolutely amazing, by the way,
I should explain WHY I got waffles that morning, because yes there is a reason behind it. There's some history here, but it makes for an entertaining story:
We always let the Elders pick what they want to eat; no matter what it is, we will make it for them. That's our deal. So they called up earlier in the week and requested an all-out waffle dinner. Mike said, "Yeah, we'd love to! No problem!" This sounded great, until a few days later I realized- heyyy. This is my mother's day dinner, and I don't want waffles. And so, I found Mike and politely asked him, "Why the Sam heck are the Elders deciding what I get for my Mother's Day dinner???" He actually face-palmed. It was classic. So I ended up with Chicken Cordon Bleu, roasted red potatoes, and some gravy I wanted to drink that was made with REAL whipping cream. Happy happy dinner. And the Elders wisely went along with it.
Anyway, back to Saturday! I was left home alone for a nice quiet period of time, to relax in any way I wanted. I enjoyed every second of it with my nose stuck in a book. Absolute perfection. When my family showed up, they brought more flowers, which Emma picked out herself. They are beautiful! And my husband, being the understanding soul he is, brought home chocolate. He definitely knows the way to my heart. I am one blessed Mom, and I love my family!

No comments:
Post a Comment